10.10.2011

SHATTERDAY IS COMING

i am back from the first leg of my travels! 
what does that even mean, anyway! the first leg! it sounds ridiculous!

okay total digression here, but am i the only one who gets idioms confused? i tend to say things like "that just flew right around my head!" and "it's like i've been living under a cave or something!" and "don't fill all your eggs with one basket!" and i don't know, but somehow my words of wisdom tend to go unappreciated.

anywho!

i'm back for a bit before i leave for NYC this weekend (COMICCON! you are coming, yes? OF COURSE YOU ARE! you should totally come to THIS THING WHERE I WILL BE ahem ahem.)

but i have a couple of things to tell you before i disappear again:

  1. after much deliberation, the details of the SHATTER ME launch party have been finalized. i will have more information for you very soon (next week at the latest), but! if you are anywhere in and/or around the Southern California area and you are interested in attending, please save the date for November 16th! (the book releases on the 15th, but the launch party will be held on the 16th.) and you're all invited! it will be fun times, i tell you. you'll get to meet my mom.
  2. SHATTERDAY IS ALMOST HERE! so. Shatterday is one of the very exciting things that Harper has created in anticipation of the release. it's on a SATURDAY (get it? SATURDAY? SHATTERDAY? i lolled with glee when i first figured that out) -- October 22nd, to be exact. and all the details are on the official FB page. it's a 24-hour online event offering exclusive previews from the book (chapter reveals every hour), amazing giveaways, and a Livestream-thing with yours truly. i don't actually know what a Livestream-thing is, on account of i've never done one before, but i think it involves me talking into a camera. live. anyhow! maybe, if you like, you could attend? :D
  3. the first chapter of SHATTER ME is online! i don't really have many coherent words for this. only that it feels like someone has pulled my pants down in front of everyone and i am smiling a lot and trying to ignore the fact that my pants have been pulled down in front of everyone. if you want to read it, you can find it here. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
that is all the things for now!

i think!

but holy crap guys, the book is out in a little more than a month. 

:O

please excuse me while i go search for my brains, they seem to have fallen out somewhere.

<3 
<3
<3

22 comments:

Jena said...

hehe I <3 you. I hope around the release you are coming to the east coast. DERP.

SHATTERDAY.

Kay bye :)

Kamille Elahi said...

OMG! This is so exciting! A release party? Ooh! I don't live in the US. If only I could teleport or something.

*runs off to read first chapter*

Krispy said...

There is a lot of stuff going on for you! So exciting though, and omg a launch party I could possibly actually make it to!!! Read your first chapter, btw, and I want more! *grabby hands for book*

Have fun at Comic Con and NYC! Wish I could go!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I scored an ARC of SHATTER ME and feel like Christmas came early!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You are a rock star, Tahereh! :-)

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL! Your enthusiasm is so infectious, Tahereh! I'm SO, SO excited for Shatter Me and I wish I could've landed an ARC, but I'm going to try and get my hands on a copy as soon as it comes out anyways! Now I'm SO, SO excited for SHATTERDAY too!

You're awesome. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hope you have an awesome day! ♥

Bethany Elizabeth said...

After such a long, arduous journey where you've worked so hard and encouraged us all so much - you SO deserve this!
Also, that first chapter is super awesome chocolate-filled-strawberries kind of ridiculously amazing. Gives me shivers, laughs, and gaps of fright in ONE CHAPTER.

I hope you stay happily insane during all this, since sanity is probably a bit unrealistic with so much AWESOME going on. :)

Elizabeth said...

EXCITING!!

As for getting things mixed up, I always end up with "rocket surgery" instead of "rocket science", which is funny because I am technically a rocket scientist. or was. or maybe still will be. but you get the point.

Ben said...

I loved your first chapter! You have a refreshing style all your own. I can't wait to read the whole book.

Daisy said...

YAY!! Shatterday sounds really exciting!! And it's on the same day as Dewey's Read-a-Thon, which means I'll be awake 24 hours that day, which means I'll probably be awake to watch your Livestream thingy!!! Because living on the other side of the world has the side effect of all the cool things happening when you're asleep...
Can't wait till the release day when I finally, FINALLY get to read your book! :)

Bee said...

Yes, I've read the first chapter on the Shatter Me FB page and it's so effing amazing I don't know what to say.

Ans Shatterday sounds so rad <3

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Oh oh oh, I hope I can go to the launch party!! It's all getting so close and so exciting :D.

krisatkinswrites.com said...

I read the first chapter of SHATTER ME on Saturday (or Friday? Whichever day they posted it) and IT BLEW MY MIND. I'm not kidding you. Tahereh, you're my writing idol.

Jessica Love said...

The release party is on my calendar!

Ava Jae said...

I read the first chapter and I went from wanting to read Shatter Me to ZOMG I MUST READ THIS BOOK. So, uh, there's that.

Totally psyched for Shatterday! And the book is almost out! Ahhhhh! Congrats! :D

Mariah Irvin said...

The first chapter is online?

*reads repetitively*

Can't wait for Shatterday!

June G said...

I read the ARC. It's awesome. Can't wait to see you on livestream. You look like such a shy person. It's no wonder you don't reveal yourself on the blog :-)

Gabi said...

I just pre-ordered Shatter Me!!! I am so excited. I had a list of a dozen or so books I wanted to buy (I may be a little obsessed), but I made myself narrow it down to three. Your book made the cut. Did I say I'm so excited for it? :]

Sarah Pearson said...

Okay, it's a good job nobody heard the naughty words that came out of my mouth when the chapter finished. I want more!

Shatterday sounds like fun :-)

Caitlin R. O'Connell said...

EEEE So much excitement!! :D *lots of hugs* *lots of excited bouncing*

Leslie Rose said...

You must be bruised from pinching yourself so many times to believe this is finally happening. Can't wait to dive in and join the celebration.

Virgin Cerebellum said...

Sounds very interesting...
Looking forward for the release...

Carina Olsen said...

I love you! <3 And oh, I so wish I could be at your release party. But, Norway is too far away :\ Anyway, have lots and lots of fun :D You deserve it.
And OH! SHATTERDAY?! I am so, so, so excited about that :D Hoping it will be possible to download those chapters (A) Just in case they get taken down after 24 hours.. :) Can't wait. <3
Love, Carina

Related Posts with Thumbnails