5.16.2011

RING BELL TWICE FOR SERVICE

GOOD MONDAY, EVERYONE!

i have a few updates to share with you. i hope that is okay.

1. FIRST YOU SEE ME NOW YOU DON'T! i will be a bit scarce this week. i'm diving back into book 2 to polish and plump it up a bit, so i'll be focusing most of my energy in the direction of my manuscript. as a result, my blog posts might be skimpy, or, you know, i don't know, maybe they'll be really good? maybe i'll be blogging more in an effort to procrastinate or i don't know i don't know it's too soon to tell. if, however, all goes according to plan and i manage to stay focused, i will very probably be writing skimpy blog posts. we shall see!

2. CONTEST! STILL OPEN! blogger decided to let its freak flag fly last week and, in the process of discovering itself, totally threw the rest of us under the bus. blogger was basically broken on Thursday and Friday, and even though now it's back up and functioning, it caused us a lot of problems. we also lost all of our comments on recent posts. SO! i'm keeping the contest for a copy of Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow open for another day. RUN ALONG AND ENTER! you won't regret it.

3. WIN AN ARC OF SHATTER ME & A 10 PG CRIT! mm hmmm. so. the amazing ladies over at Help Write Now are running an auction to benefit southern storm relief. andddd... even though this auction went up last Thursday, blogger attacked it and killed it and ate all the comments. so if you bid last Thursday and you're still interested -- feel free to bid again! and if you didn't bid last Thursday and maybe you want to bid now? feel free to bid! all proceeds go to charity, and the auction for the ARC & crit will be open until this Wednesday, May 18.

4. I'LL BE GONE NEXT WEEK. i'm leaving for BEA soon, and i won't be back until the end of next week. so... i don't know how my blogging will be, but i will try to at least post funny pictures or something. this is more of a heads up for anyone who emails me or is waiting to hear back from me on anything. i've got a stack of questions from readers to answer on the blog but, seeing as how i can't really answer more than one question at a time, it might take a little while. but i will be in touch! AND MAYBE AFTER BEA WE'LL HAVE ANOTHER ARC CONTEST?? i don't know! the possibilities! they are endless!

5. THE COVER. remember how i said that the ARC with the cover art for SHATTER ME would be at BEA? welllllll... not so, my friends. not so. not anymore. the cover is all super-sekrit-agent-man and is still underway, so it won't be revealed until after BEA. but! i can tell you this: i have seen some early cover concept stuff and.... i am so excited i don't even know how to put it in capital letters. seriously. i'm so excited that i'm now in a state of shock and my fingers can't reach the caps lock key. i will definitely definitely keep you posted. i can't wait to share.

6. SOMETHING EXCITING I CAN SHARE with you the week of BEA. yes. it is coming. you will see it. that is all i can say for now.

7. MMMMMM COFFEE. what. this is relevant.

THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT.
i think.

---

now you tell me: what's one thing you wish you could say to your 16-year-old self?

HEARTS

20 comments:

Julia Darcey said...

I can't resist. What's the one thing you'd tell your 16 year old self:

Kiss Andrew Lee. Who cares if your friends think he's a douche waffle? Go on. DO IT.

linda said...

Only one thing? This is hard; there are so many things I wish I'd started doing earlier. I'd probably go with WRITE A COMPLETE NOVEL. But BUY GOOGLE STOCK is awfully tempting as well.

JennaQuentin said...

Have fun writing and at BEA!!!

To my sixteen year-old self: Learn French; you'll need it. Don't be afraid to be a writer or a failure. Or both ;)

Ina said...

Oh oh oh! Tahereh, while you're in NYC, if you have ANY FREE TIME AT ALL, you should go to the Harry Potter exhibit. Do it for me, and yourself, and mankind. I hope you have THE BEST time at BEA.

To my 16-year-old self: Leave those eyebrows alone.

Kathryn said...

Have fun in New York! 16-year old me? Emo's not a good look.

Brendan Gannon said...

Hey 16 year old Brendan: You're actually going to grow up to be a badass. Seriously.

Leslie Rose said...

Dear 16 year old self,
The practice of eating canned bean dip, doritos, and Dr. Pepper for lunch everyday should end at graduations.

Mia Hayson said...

OMG! Have fun at BEA! That's SUPER exciting!!

Mmmm. 16 year old Mia: It's ok to be different.

:)

Girl Friday said...

Have an amazing time at BEA, swanning around signing things and being Ms Famous Author-Person!! I can't wait to hear teh Very Exciting News and also see your cover :)

Heidi said...

Ohhh all this talk of BEA is making me jealous because I won't be there. :( But I hope you have an amazing time!

16-year-old me: It will get worse, and then it will get better. But you can do it.

Mary Vensel White said...

To my 16-year-old self: You have everything you'll need. You'll see.

Sommer Leigh said...

To my 16 year old self: Girls can be ridiculous and crazy and you don't have to be. Really. It's ok to say to your friends, "NUTS TO YOUR DRAMA" and walk away.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

such a TEASE! I want to know all these super sekrit things! :) Anyways, will not be changing my stalkerly ways anytime soon xD

thatcovergirl said...

I'm so excited to see the cover art, Tahereh! You're holding us all in such SUSPENSE!

Kate said...

I can't wait to see the cover!

To my sixteen-year-old self: Appearances aren't that important. Look deeper.

Jennifer Jackson said...

I can't pick one thing to say to me at that age. I needed so much said. Maybe being alive after trying so hard to die is worth it...

TKAstle said...

Taherah, I'm so, so happy for you and all the excitment in your life right now. thanks for sharing it with us.

To 16 yr old me - What you do with your life *is* important, but who you do it with is so much more important. Really, in the end you'll remember the people more than the activity. Try to make their lives better because you were in it, even if only briefly.

Medeia Sharif said...

Happy writing and have a great time at BEA.

Can't wait to see the cover. :)

Ishta Mercurio said...

Have fun at BEA!

To the 16-year-old me: Don't lose focus. No matter what comes along, and no matter how tempted you are, don't lose focus.

I don't think the 16-year-old me would listen, though.

Word ver: "sodit" How appropriate is that?

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

1 thing? *smirk*

well I would tell her that the man she's going to marry will support her & love her writing even more than her family does so don't stop


lol how funny I married a man who honestly believes that I can do anything, be anyone, and become the published author I dream of being...at 16 I never would have given a guy that kind of credit but now...now I know and it has me smiling every single day.

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Support ALL 4 ALABAMA Tornado Relief Auctions

Related Posts with Thumbnails