11.11.2010

10 REASONS IT WOULD RULE TO DATE DUMBLEDORE

1. FREE STUFF. I mean, obvs, Dumbledore can create couches out of thin air. I'm sure he could bake you a cake and build you a Maserati with the flick of his wand. Just don't accept any of his rings. You never know where they might've been.

2. NEVER RUN OUT OF LEMON DROPS.
Dumbledore ALWAYS has candy. The good kind, too. I don't think this even needs explanation.

3. MAP OF THE LONDON UNDERGROUND.
If you're ever in the London Underground and need a map? NOT TO WORRY! Dumbledore says he has a scar above his left knee in the shape of a map of the London Underground. Just go with it.

4. LEARN TO SPEAK MERMISH.
Because Dumbledore speaks Mermish. And you've always wanted to talk to a mermaid. So. You're welcome.

5. BORROW HIS ROBES.
Dumbledore is such a nice guy he'll probably let you borrow his clothes. You might even be able to steal his hat. He has the best hats. So stylish with his sweeping robes and half-moon spectacles! I'm pretty sure someone should put him on the cover of GQ.

6. VOLDEMORT WOULD TOTES BE AFRAID OF YOU.
It worked out really well for Harry, anyway.

7. HANG OUT WITH FAWKES.
Who DOESN'T want to hang out with a phoenix whose TEARS CAN CURE YOUR BASILISK VENOM SCARS? No one, that's who.

8. COOL BY ASSOCIATION.
Watch out world you are pwning your peers just by standing next to the man. HELLOOOO PAGE FIVE SOCIETY AND STATUS CORNELIUS FUDGE WILL BE SO JEALOUS

9. THE PUT-OUTER.
The Deluminator. The lighter that unlights the world. WHO EVEN THINKS OF THIS STUFF MAYBE HE'LL LET YOU BORROW IT SOMETIME. OH SNAPS, actually, I'm pretty sure he gave that to Ron. Sorry.

10. LIVE FOREVER.
Let's not forget that Dumbledore is besties with NICOLAS FLAMEL, inventor of the SORCERER'S STONE and the ELIXIR OF LIFE! I'm pretty sure he can pull some strings and get you a sip or two. OH WAIT THEY DESTROYED THAT THING IN THE FIRST BOOK DIDNT THEYYYYYYYYYYYY

ah well. at least you'll have enough lemon drops to last you a lifetime.


hehe. happy friday, my friends!!

WHY IS IT NOT NOVEMBER 19TH ALREADY



33 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Lol, great post :)

Em-Musing said...

LOL! thanks, I needed that at 5:17 A.M. :)

Josin L. McQuein said...

But... so... wrinkly...

Not to mention that his ex was a genocidal maniac.

Deluminator? So... he invented a Wizarding "Clapper"?

(*ahem* Philosopher's Stone ;-P )

salarsenッ said...

His robe and lemon drops just gave me a chilling image. Geesh....

Hah...enjoy your weekend.

Ella Press said...

Awesome post!

Jen Daiker said...

Oh my gosh! You seriously stopped my blog sidebar this morning, I saw your post and immediately hopped over to read it...

AND I LOVED IT.

You've now inspired me to post-pone next weeks "How do I revise week" and made it all about the Potter... because you are seriously that awesome.

aspiring_x said...

classic.

ooh! don't forget the fact that facial hair is HOT!

Claire Dawn said...

What happens on November 19th?

KIDDING :)

Matthew Rush said...

Don't forget licorice snaps, the candy that bites you back!

I've often dreamed of living in the Wizarding World. That scene from HPaTPoA? In the dorm? Eating the candies that make them into lions and trains and such?

I went to boarding school, and there were many amazing nights like that - minus the magic of course.

Sarah Enni said...

Why would they put him on Goblin Quidditch magazine? OHHH you mean.... Got it.

<3

gideon 86 said...

Fun Post!

Dumbledore is my favorite! His genius and quirky sense of humor really added to the whole HP mystique.

Hey Tahereh,

I'll be in Wzarding World next week in Orlando, FL. Do you want me to give Dumbledore your phone number... lol.

I'll be posting on my adventure. I hope you'll come along for the ride. I'm also having a fun HP oriented blogfest. So I hope to see you!

Michael

Colene Murphy said...

Bahaha Amazing! He and I were definitely meant to be.

Suzi McGowen said...

Since Dumbledore was gay, I'd be totally out of the running. (Well, not totally, since I seem to be "the last girl I dated before I decided to come out" for several guys.)

But a girl can dream, can't she?

Alex Mullarky said...

shame he's gay, right?



oh, and dead.

Tahereh said...

!!!!!

DUMBLEDORE IS NOT DEAD.

dumbledore is just... sleeping.

Laura Marcella said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

And yes, I totally agree with your above comment.

Laura Marcella said...

I mean, I totes agree. Yeesh, how can I be messing up the lingo when I've been reading your blog for over six months now?! Don't feed me to a basilisk, please. I asked for phoenix for Christmas, so as long as I'm super good and Father Christmas brings me one, then you can TRY and feed me to a basilisk.

Krispy said...

DITTO. WHY IS IT NOT NEXT FRIDAY YET? This is when a time turner would come in handy.

Kris said...

I'm snarfing, I'm laughing so hard. And I "liked" it on facebook. Does that get me cool points?

Mia said...

OMG, YES! He is so awesome.

And! Let's not forget he's on all those chocolate frog cards. HE MUST get the ones of him for free. Think of all the trading you could do.

midnightblooms said...

I clicked over here from another blog that had linked to your post on "7 Things Your Character's Do Too Much" (I think it was Nathan Bransford's, anyway) and then read the reasons to date Dumbledore.

Oh dear dog, I heart this post, and many others (because I then started going through the archives) and now I've added you to my blog reader. (because dog knows I don't have enough blogs to read.)

Where was I? Oh yes. Love your blog!

Em said...

DON'T BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA: the stone was never destroyed. It moved to... um... Boca. Yes.

Also, how has no one mentioned the words "plum velvet suit" yet?

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I would totally date him! Ya know...if he wasn't dead. :-)

Julia King said...

Last night I got all sorts of giddy for the movie to come out. I want the movie to come out way bad. I would love the put-outer just so I wouldn't have to get out of bed to turn the lights out. That would make dating Dumbledore the best!

Theresa Milstein said...

While I'd go on a platonic date with Dumbledore, Harry might be a better pick. He can fly and has an invisibility cloak.

Melissa said...

It's too bad I'm not a man. Maybe then Dumbledore would be interested.

maine character said...

I would heartily encourage anyone who wishes to date someone with a grey beard and spectacles.

Elaine AM Smith said...

No! Don't do it!
Avoid the Wizardly types like the plague!
Imagine the arguments that would come later: you'd be all like, I never said that and they'd worm-silver-shreds-you-can't-argue with out of their heads and dunk you in a bowl of water for purposes other than baptism or death by asphyxia and cerebral hypoxia!

No thank you, give me the types I can win an argument with.
;)

Sangu said...

Ha! Love this!

I echo your last sentiment: WHY NOVEMBER 19TH WHY ARE YOU SO FAR AWAY STILL?!

missmystra said...

Smiling and shrugging should definitely be added to that list. To be fair, people really do most of these things a LOT in real life, so it makes sense we'd over-write about them.

commoncents said...

GLAD I FOUND YOUR BLOG!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

GeeBee said...

I just found your blog.. and it's fa-ha-bulous... and the first post I read you dedicated to DUMBLEDORE from HARRY POTTER! I mean, that's fate if fate truly exists cause I'm only obsessed the with magical world of HP. If only I wasn't a muggle-- my life's curse for sure. I finally gave up after six hours of waving my kitchen spatula around repeating "wingardium leviosa," and I even said it just like Hermione said to. Hehe, just kidding.

Anyway, I love your blog, and am thoroughly excited to read it ALL the time now :)

GABY said...

HAHAHAHA xD

Related Posts with Thumbnails